Mounting the Camera Module inside the ProtoCam prototyping board allows you to include the Camera Module in new and exciting prototyping projects.
The camera is surrounded by a large prototyping area set out in ‘breadboard style’ lanes of pads, making it easy to add components such as LEDs, segment displays, resistors, sensors, ICs and much more.
The GPIO is broken out into an identical section for use in your prototypes, along with a power rail section and corner mounting options for the included support screw.
The board is the same size as the Raspberry Pi (Model A,B) making a neat and tidy Camera mount and prototyping solution.
A shorter, firmer custom camera belt is included.This high quality belt holds the fold well, and the shorter length fits well under the board.
- Mounting holes for the Raspberry Pi Camera Module
- Large prototyping area around the camera module mount for adding components
- Shorter, thicker replacement camera belt
- Extra-tall 26-pin header - allows space for the included shorter camera belt
- GPIO mirrored break-out section for connecting the Pi to your prototype
- 4x power rail lane section for creating additional power connection pads
- 3x support hole mounting options for use with included M2.5 screw
- Same size as the Raspberry Pi (Model A,B)
You can build whatever your imagination can come up with!
The lanes of prototyping pads makes it easy to connect parts to the board, and the GPIO section means you can easily use your Pi's input/outputs. Here's a few ideas:
- Build your own custom flash using ultra-bright LEDs.
- Add segment displays as a countdown for pictures
- Add sensors to the board to trigger the camera. Motion sensors, temperature sensors, sound, light, movement - your imagination is the limit!
- Add matrix displays to show numbers and text
- Add a mini-LCD display to show camera information
- Use with a tripod for stills or time-lapse photography
- Mount to a robot with L-brackets
NOTE : This kit is for the PCB, connector, camera cable and M2.5 screws only. Raspberry Pi, camera and other components are sold separately.